Public Works Director:
202 Church St, PO Box 188
Drexel, NC 28619
Phone: (828) 437-7421
Fax: (828) 437-4661
After Hours Utility Problems: (828) 430-1794
For energry saving tips visit: www.homeenergync.org
West Consultants, Morganton Office, (828) 433-5661
Solid Waste & Streets
Residential Solid Waste collection is provided by Republic Service. The Town of Drexel provides street and sidewalk maintenance, leaf collection, residential yard waste disposal, and bulk item disposal.
- HOUSEHOLD GARBAGE: Tuesdays.
Per Republic Services' Instructions: Place your trash container facing toward the street with wheels against the curb or gutter the night before or by 4am on your scheduled service day. Allow at least 2 feet between carts and 5 feet between carts and other objects. Make sure lids are securely shut - materials should not extend beyond the container rim. All trash should be bagged before placing in the cart.
- ROUGH TRASH (flattened cardboard, furniture, appliances, bulky items, etc.): Mondays and Fridays
- YARD WASTE (limbs and brush): Mondays and Fridays
- LEAVES: picked up curbside during the months of November and December
- SIMPLY GREEN CURBSIDE PICKUP
- Drop-off Center behind R.O. Huffman Center. The recycling bin is emptied by Republic Services every other Thursday. Items accepted include:
- Paper (staples okay)
- Junk mail
- Phone books
- Brochures Magazines
- Water bottles
- Take-out containers
- Soda bottles
- Bagged film plastics
- Aluminum beverage cans
- Food cans
- Scrap metal
- Some small appliances
- Bottles (clear, green & brown)
Electric, Water & Sewer
The Town of Drexel purchases its water from the City of Morganton. The Town operates 2 elevated tanks for a daily storage capacity of 1.0 MGD. Sewer treatment is processed by the Town of Valdese. The Town of Drexel is also a public power community and a member of North Carolina Municipal Power Agency I. We provide electric service to 1200 customers.
Vehicle Donation Program for Veterans: https://www.vehiclesforveterans.org/north-carolina/