For energry saving tips visit: www.homeenergync.org
Public Works is recognized with a Safety Award from ElectriCities for "No Lost Time Accidents":
West Consultants, Morganton Office, (828) 433-5661
Solid Waste & Streets
Residential Solid Waste collection is provided by Republic Service. The Town of Drexel provides street and sidewalk maintenance, leaf collection, residential yard waste disposal, and bulk item disposal.
- Garbage pick up schedule for residents of the Town of Drexel:
- Household Garbage: Tuesdays
- Rough Trash (furniture, appliances, bulky items, etc.): Mondays and Fridays
- Yard waste (limbs and brush): Mondays and Fridays
- Leaves: picked up curbside during the months of November and December
- Recycling Drop-off Center behind R.O. Huffman Center
The Town of Drexel purchases its water from the City of Morganton. The Town operates 2 elevated tanks for a daily storage capacity of 1.0 MGD. The Town of Drexel is also a public power community and a member of North Carolina Municipal Power Agency I. We provide electric service to 1200 customers.